Ingrid Nappi-Choulet, Professor, Public and Private Policy Department, Chaired Professor of the Real Estate and Sustainable Development Chair at ESSEC Business School, shares her work on the city of the 21st century.The rise of mobility, the digital revolution, new ways of working, new consumer habits, cultural practices, an ageing population, the demand for flexibility in the world of work… all these social and cultural mutations are factors for change in our relation to space – and built-up space in particular. Interviewing twenty experts from academia and the world of real estate, Ingrid Nappi-Choulet brings together their ideas and insights into how the housing, offices, and warehouses of tomorrow should be designed today. Moreover, how is the nature of these buildings brought into question by new forms of hybrid buildings? And as environmental constraints grow increasingly stringent, what innovations today point to reflection on the city of tomorrow?
Download the Cahier #1 insights
- Visit Prof. Ingrid Nappi-Choulet’s blog
- Discover the Chair
- Watch a video presentation of the Chair and its work (in French)
Learn more about the Council on Business & Society
- Website: www.council-business-society.org
- Twitter: @The_CoBS
- LinkedIn: the-council-on-business-&-society
The Council on Business & Society (The CoBS), visionary in its conception and purpose, was created in 2011, and is dedicated to promoting responsible leadership and tackling issues at the crossroads of business and society including sustainability, diversity, ethical leadership and the place responsible business has to play in contributing to the common good.
In 2020, member schools now number 7, all “Triple Crown” accredited AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA and leaders in their respective countries.
- ESSEC Business School, France-Singapore-Morocco
- FGV-EAESP, Brazil
- School of Management Fudan University, China
- IE Business School, Spain
- Keio Business School, Japan
- Trinity Business School, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Warwick Business School, United Kingdom.