A Global Alliance of Leading Schools of Business and Management dedicated to educating tomorrow’s responsible leaders
A visionary global alliance founded in 2011, the Council on Business & Society engages faculty, students, business leaders, practitioners, NGOs and policy-makers to explore how business can positively contribute to society, the planet, and the common good.
The Council on Business & Society, or CoBS as it is known, was founded in 2011 as a meeting place for focusing on the major issues facing business at the crossroads of society and the planet. It has a vocation to place leadership and business at the service of the common good.
At the heart of the alliance is its research in the fields of CSR, ESG, diversity & inclusion, sustainability, ethical leadership, responsible finance and accounting, and workplace wellbeing. This research is offered to wider audience in the form of twice-weekly insights, quarterly magazines, books, white papers, events and online masterclasses.
The CoBS member schools are committed to educating today’s and tomorrow’s responsible leaders and equipping them with the skills and sustainable business practices that will shape a better and more balanced world. Council on Business & Society.
The CoBS is an international community that brings together faculty, students, practitioners, policy makers, NGOs and all those with a passion for corporate social and environmental responsibility. In addition to posting its faculty research, the CoBS encourages its readers and participants to contribute to the debate through their articles and opinion. Submission guidelines for CoBS Insights can be downloaded here.
Getting in touch, Getting Involved
- Leave a comment on the CoBS Insights platform when reading our posts
- Reach out to the CoBS coordinators via the website Contact Page
- Follow us on Twitter @The_CoBS and tune in to our latest research knowledge, insights from leading think tanks and organisations, and news.
- Join the CoBS via LinkedIn and grow your network with like-minded people.
- Download our quarterly and special issue magazine Global Voice and share your feedback.
- View the CoBS on the ESSEC Together initiative website
- Be the change you want to see: Browse our schools’ top-ranked Master’s, MBA and EMBA programmes and study in France, Singapore, the UK, Ireland, the USA, Australia, Spain, Brazil, China, Japan, South Africa, Morocco, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
And in the meantime, enjoy reading your CoBS Insights!
Learn more about the Council on Business & Society
The Council on Business & Society (The CoBS), visionary in its conception and purpose, was created in 2011, and is dedicated to promoting responsible leadership and tackling issues at the crossroads of business and society including sustainability, diversity, ethical leadership and the place responsible business has to play in contributing to the common good.
Member schools are all “Triple Crown” accredited AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA and leaders in their respective countries.
- ESSEC Business School, France, Singapore, Morocco
- FGV-EAESP, Brazil
- School of Management Fudan University, China
- IE Business School, Spain
- Keio Business School, Japan
- Monash Business School, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia
- Olin Business School, USA
- Smith School of Business, Canada
- Stellenbosch Business School, South Africa
- Trinity Business School, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Warwick Business School, United Kingdom.