Now open for registration! The Schools of the Council on Business & Society launch their international student CSR article writing competition.
The CoBS 2022 Student CSR Article Competition. Open to all students from undergrad to PhD and ExecEd programmes studying at:
- ESSEC Business School, France-Singapore-Morocco
- FGV-EAESP, Brazil
- School of Management Fudan University, China
- IE Business School, Spain
- Keio Business School, Japan
- Trinity Business School, Ireland
- Warwick Business School, United Kingdom.
If you have a passion for business for the good of society, CSR and sustainability, social and environmental transition and believe that together we can change things for the better, then enter the competition by writing an article on one of this year’s high-impact competition topics!
Student CSR article topics for 2022
- There is a debate around the potential cost of a green transition. “Greenflation” would be caused by a higher demand for greener solutions, and the consequences of new public policies (e.g. green taxes). How can we deal with the social tensions that could possibly arise with greenflation?
- The consequences of the Covid pandemic have reached every country in the world, causing a huge rise in poverty and social vulnerability even in rich countries. What can Business Schools do in order to address this situation?
- What are the main barriers preventing the world from reaching Net-Zero carbon emissions, both at the macro level (geopolitics, industrial barriers, etc.) and at the micro level (individual behaviour)?
- How do corporations create new value through low carbon practice?
- What is the potential negative social impact of AI, and what are the possible solutions accordingly?
- What has been the impact of increased investor attention to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues on corporate sustainability performance and reporting?
- How can we balance the social costs and benefits of the advance of digital and robotic automation with respect to the future of work? Do we have to trade off wellbeing for productivity, or can we have both?
How to enter the competition
- Contact your school’s competition representative below or via the Council on Business & Society website and register
- Once registered, you will receive a copy of the competition rules, guidelines and important tips on writing your article
- You can begin writing your masterpiece! The deadline for submitting your finished article to your school representative is March 31st, 2022.
One winner, one runner-up and up to 3 finalists will be selected from each participating school with the results being announced in early May, 2022.
- Every student who submits an article will receive a Council on Business & Society 2022 participant certificate.
- Articles selected for the final round of adjudication will receive special Finalist, Runner-up and Competition Winner certificates.
- Finalists and winners will receive a branded CoBS note book and Council on Business & Society polo shirt
- Winners from each member school will win a cash prize equivalent of €500
- Finalist and winning articles will feature in the special June 21st issue of the Council’s quarterly magazine Global Voice alongside faculty research
- Finalist and wining articles will also be published on CoBS Insights.
Register to enter the competition now by sending an e-mail to your school competition representative!
- Mr. Tom Gamble, ESSEC Business School: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. & Deputy-Dean Tales Andreassi, FGV-EAESP: Tales.Andreassi@fgv.br
- Mrs Elsa Huang, School of Management Fudan University: email@example.com
- Mrs Isabel Aymat, IE Business School: Isabel.Aymat@ie.edu
- Ms Miyoko Kashima, Keio Business School: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Sandra Rafter, Trinity College Dublin Business School: email@example.com
- Mr Warren Manger, Warwick Business School: Warren.Manger@wbs.ac.uk
> Register alternatively via the Student page on the CoBS website
> Get an idea of the style and quality of the student competition articles by downloading the special issue
June 21st 2021 Global Voice magazine #18.
Learn more about the Council on Business & Society
- Website: www.council-business-society.org
- Twitter: @The_CoBS
- LinkedIn: the-council-on-business-&-society
The Council on Business & Society (The CoBS), visionary in its conception and purpose, was created in 2011, and is dedicated to promoting responsible leadership and tackling issues at the crossroads of business and society including sustainability, diversity, ethical leadership and the place responsible business has to play in contributing to the common good.
In 2020, member schools now number 7, all “Triple Crown” accredited AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA and leaders in their respective countries.