Have a Voice, have an Impact! The Council on Business & Society launches its 2020 student CSR article writing competition. Enter the competition 17th February-22nd March.
The Council on Business & Society launches its 2020 inter-school article writing competition for the students of its 7 member schools:
- ESSEC Business School: France, Singapore, Morocco campuses
- FGV-EAESP: Brazil
- School of Management Fudan University: China
- IE Business School: Spain
- Keio Business School: Japan
- Trinity College Dublin Business School: Ireland
- Warwick Business School: United Kingdom.
Open to students from all programmes both undergraduate and postgraduate in full-time studies with a passion for CSR, CSV, sustainability, diversity, responsible leadership and sustainable finance. Students can choose one topic from those set by faculty juries in each school. For the 2020 competition, the topics are:
- How can accounting save the world?
- Does greenwashing pay – or not?
- Sponsorship deals and their limits – to what extent do professional athletes and clubs have a social and ethical responsibility?
- How can companies contribute to decreasing domestic violence against women?
- How is social entrepreneurship becoming more sustainable/sustainability-oriented?
- Sustainability in controversial industries: Can an extractive company ever be sustainable?
- Epidemic control under the globalized economy: Insights from Coronavirus.
- Will companies be better stewards if they are owned by their employees?
All student submissions will receive a Participant certificate. Finalist and winning students will see their articles posted on the Council Community blog and published alongside those of faculty in the high-summer issue of Global Voice magazine in June. Finalist and winners will also receive a special Council on Business & Society certificate and winners will receive a cash prize equivalent to €500.
Register for the competition
Registration for the competition is open from 17th February to 22nd March, 2020. For more details on the competition, eligibility, how to register and receive your article writing guide, please visit the Competition landing page on our website @ www.council-business-society.org/students
Learn more about the Council on Business & Society
- Website: www.council-business-society.org
- Twitter: @The_CoBS
- LinkedIn: the-council-on-business-&-society
The Council on Business & Society (The CoBS), visionary in its conception and purpose, was created in 2011, and is dedicated to promoting responsible leadership and tackling issues at the crossroads of business and society including sustainability, diversity, ethical leadership and the place responsible business has to play in contributing to the common good.
In 2020, member schools now number 7, all “Triple Crown” accredited AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA and leaders in their respective countries.
- ESSEC Business School, France-Singapore-Morocco
- FGV-EAESP, Brazil
- School of Management Fudan University, China
- IE Business School, Spain
- Keio Business School, Japan
- Trinity Business School, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Warwick Business School, United Kingdom.
The Council on Business & Society Global Alliance is an international alliance between seven of the world’s leading business schools and an organiser of Forums focusing on issues at the crossroads of business and society – The Council Community helps bring together business leaders, academics, policy-makers, students and journalists from around the world. Follow us on Twitter @_The_CoBS . Visit the Council’s website for a host of information, learning opportunities, and free downloads.